This is a super easy recipe for meatballs made with pastured ground lamb, skillet cooked green beans and a fresh salad with homemade dressing.
– 2 lbs ground lamb (thawed)
-1/2 cup shredded smoked white cheddar cheese
-2 pastured eggs
-4 cloves garlic
-2 Tbsp dried thyme
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and use hand to mix evenly. Then form uniform balls until meat mixture is used up (mine made about 23).
2. Then brown on medium heat on stove top. Rotate and turn them until cooked on all sides. Remove from heat.
3. Prepare green beans. Cut ends of 1 pound of fresh organic green beans. Cook in skillet with 1 Tbsp of lard just to take the raw edge off. Then add 1/2 cup pastured chicken broth and simmer covered for 5 min. Remove from stove and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Fix salad. Toss fresh greens with toppings of your choice (I used goat cheese, dried cranberries and almonds). For the dressing mix equal parts olive oil and coconut balsamic vinegar with a dash of red pepper, squeeze of honey and a squirt of lime juice.
5. EAT and ENJOY with the ones you love.
Kristen farm to fork